This Explains How we install Docker Desktop on Windows 11. There are some requirements for the Windows Machine to be in a position to install. We have System Requirements and then Hardware Requirements
1. Windows Machine that we install Docker Desktop installation should be
2. windows 11 64-bit: Home/pro/Enterprise/Education version 21H2 and higher
3. Ensure you enable the WSL 2 Windows feature
1. 64-bit Second Level Address Translation(SLAT)
2. 4GB Ram System
3. virtualization from Bios -level must be enabled in BIOS Settings
Installation of Docker Desktop On Windows 11
If you have not Downloaded the Docker Desktop Installer.exe installer, visit Docker Hub, and download Docker Desktop Installer.exe.
- Double click on the Download Docker Desktop Installer.exe to start the installer and follow the prompt
- When a prompt appears ensure to enable Hyper-V Windows Features and any other components that you may require
- Follow the installation wizard and proceed to install
NOTE: Always ensure to add the user account to the docker-Users group by going to computer management as admin go to Local Users and Groups the Docker-Users then add to the group
Starting Docker Desktop in Windows 11
Here are the instructions to start Docker on your Machine
- Click on the windows logo, go to search and select Docker Desktop
- The Docker menu pops up, Accept all terms
- Tick on the check box to accept terms and continue
Finally, you have successfully installed Docker Desktop on Windows, You can click on the Demo to go through the first process of building a docker image sample on Windows.
Kipkorir is the founder of advancelearnlinux.com with over 6 years in information technology(Microservices, Analytics, Power BI, and Database Development). He's also passionate about Data analytics and Data Science.